ABSORBINE VETERINARY LINIMENT
This product really is a horse care essential.
The origin of Absorbine® Veterinary Liniment was that is was formulated to soothe the muscles and joints of working horses in 1892.
Nowadays, as the world’s best-selling horse liniment, it continues to offer the same soothing blend of natural herbs and essential oils.
The great liniment provides powerful pain relief for sore muscles, ligaments, tendons, and stiff joints.
You can call this product a true “medicine chest in a bottle”. It also treats common fungal and bacterial conditions of the skin and hoof.
In short :
- Fast relief of temporary muscular and joint soreness, swelling, and stiffness
- Soothes the pain and swelling of tissues due to arthritis
- Disinfects and treats skin conditions like rain rot, scratches, and summer itch
- Disinfects and treats hoof infections including thrush and white line disease
- Works as an antiseptic for minor cuts
- Use full-strength or diluted as a soothing body wash
If you want to know if it is safe to use in competition read this :
“Some ingredients in Absorbine Veterinary Liniment and Absorbine Veterinary Liniment Gel are forbidden under the USEF Drugs & Medications Rule; however, provided the products containing these substances are administered only topically and as recommended by the manufacturer, there is no need for restricting their use during competitions under USEF rules. However, if these products are used inappropriately, e.g., in a manner other than topically, this could result in a positive finding in the blood or urine of the horse, which would be a potential violation of the rules.”
So always better to know this.